Awesome poems for everyone | poems for kids | poem - 7 | POEM | BENJAMIN JONES GOES SWIMMING
Here is a poem which describes an incident in a humorous manner.It tells the story  who participated in a swimming competition. He was not a good swimmer,still he wanted to try and win. Did he win the price at the end?
   You will find the answer when you read the poem.


BENJAMIN JONES GOES SWIMMING

POEM



Benjamin Jones in confident tones
Told his wife,"on the fourth of July
I think I'll compete in the free-for-all meet
I bet I can win,if I try.''
But his wife said, ''My word!How very absurd!
You haven't gone swimming for years.
With others so fast,you're sure to be last,
And I'll blush to the tip of my ears.''
Well, the Fourth quickly came, and waiting acclaim
Were wonderful swimmers galore.
Each poised in his place for the start of the race,
While spectators crowded the shore.
The contest began,and Benjy, poor man
Was passed on the left and the right,
His pace was so slow that a crab saw his toe
And thought it would venture a bite.
Ben noticed the crab as it started to grab
And -perhaps the result can be guessed,
The thought of his toe in the claw of his foe
Made him swim like a swimmer possessed !
And the craw on the share sent up a great roar
As Ben took lead in the dash,
While his wife on the dock received such a shock
She fell in the lake with a splash.
                   
                                                     

Tell in comment about your experience: